Tuesday, February 18, 2014

College Night Reflection

Last night was our first “College Night” at CLBC. We plan to do it again next month as well! It was good. We had no idea what to expect since we hadn’t done that before, but God was gracious to us. We had a great night of worship. We didn’t have the turnout we hoped for, but trust we had exactly what God had planned. Here are a few highlights:
  1. The music was excellent. Sam did a great job leading our music and his wife and friends certainly contributed to it. But what made the music excellent is it was Christ-centered and God-glorifying! 
  2. Our church provided. It was amazing to me that we were able to pull off a college night, with free pizza and desserts, without the church budget paying any of it! As a pastor this spoke volumes to me as our church rallied to make sure this event could happen.
  3. Our church ministered. Probably even more precious than providing was the fact that our church ministered. When we had our Edison Outreach day several showed up to hand out flyers and meet students. That blessed me! When we had our College Night several were there to worship and serve in various ways. And I know that many who could not participate in either the outreach day or college night were definitely praying for us. I am very grateful!
  4. The gospel was proclaimed. The gospel was proclaimed through the songs we sang, as well as the message I preached. In that, I rejoice!
All in all it was a good night. However, I am just as excited about what God does each Sunday when we gather. I love our faith family and look forward to every opportunity we have to worship together. To God be the glory for the great things He has done!

No comments: