Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Blogging and Excitement

The point of this blog post today is two-fold. First, I am going to attempt at blogging again. It has been a while since I posted anything here, and even longer since I did with consistency. I'm not 100% sure what all I will blog about, but more than likely it will be personal things and things related to the church (the church I'm a pastor of most specifically). So, look for more posts to come!

Secondly, however, is to share a few things I'm excited about. These are referring to things that are presently happening at CLBC. Having been here for almost 3.5 years now, I can say with excitement that God is still working in and among us. Here are 5 things that have me excited:

  1. Leadership Labs - We have just started this year leadership labs. I have 4 men that I am presently working with and praying with as God teaches all of us to be better leaders in the home, church, and world.
  2. New Music Minister - In December we were blessed to have Sam Killman as our new music minister. His leading us through song has already been a great change for us!
  3. Outreach/Mission - I am seeing our church think through more ways to engage the community around us. I am also blessed to have the opportunity to go to Romania this year, and hopefully will be back in Myanmar in the not-too-distant future.
  4. College Worship Night - On February 17, at 7:00 PM, we are having our first ever college worship night here at CLBC. Actually, we would love for anyone to come, but we are focusing on reaching out to college students.
  5. Our People - I am excited that God has given us the people He has. We are truly blessed to see an excitement and joy coming from our people. It makes worshipping and shepherding so much more enjoyable!
My plan is to talk more about each of these 5 things in the upcoming posts.

No comments: