Thursday, March 3, 2011

A Prayer Request for my Wife

We haven't said much to many people, but I've decided to now. Many of you may recall our miscarriage on September 27. I blogged about that here. One thing I left out of that update was that I woke up to a loud noise of something falling at 3:00 AM. That sound was my wife hitting the floor. She was completely out at that time. We assumed this was a result to the loss of the baby (and it may have been), but there is nothing that had prepared me for finding my wife like that. She quickly came too and I proceeded to take here to the ER.

A couple of weeks ago, at 4:00 AM, I woke again to another loud noise. This time it was my wife hitting the hardwood floor at the foot of our bed. She had been up with my daughter for several minutes, so I don't think this was a jumped-up-got-light-headed moment. Something else was going on. For about a week she was extremely sore because she had hit the floor hard. Thankfully, she came too immediately and we set up a doctor's visit soon after. Since then, we've had no more issues, but she has had several tests and blood work done to try to determine what's going on. At this time, we don't know anything yet. She's at the doctor as I type this for her follow-up visit. We hope to know more today.

I'm writing this not for any reason other than asking for your prayers. My wife means a lot to me and our kids. When she suffers, I suffer. There is nothing that I hate more than my wife or kids suffering. So, would you please pray for her? I'll update here as we know more. Thank you in advance for your partnership in prayer.

UPDATE: My wife just came home. It appears her blood pressure is a little low and her triglycerides are a little high. They believe this can be taken care of through diet and exercise. Thank you for your prayers already! Overall she's quite healthy! 

1 comment:

BoldLion said...

Praying for you all!

Hungry to eat His Word,
'Guerite ~ BoldLion