Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Going to Haiti

I just found out that I am going to Haiti February 27 - March 5. This is a great opportunity to serve/help those who have been through so much recently. I am going through Youth on Mission. I am honored to be able to be used in this way. Below are a few prayer requests I can think of right now.

pray that the Lord would be glorified in everything I do

pray that the Lord will continue to work in Haiti now and that we are able to jump in and work wherever needed

pray that we are able to raise enough money to go ($1,200 per person) and buy an abundance of materials to take into Haiti

pray for those leading this trip that, by God's grace, all will work out for His glory

pray for open doors for the gospel

pray we will be faithful to walk through those doors with a boldness to proclaim Jesus

As you know, the people of Haiti need much prayer. We need much prayer. There is far more to pray for than I have listed here. Thank you so much for partnering in the gospel with us.

If you would like more information about the trip, the needs, or anything else, please do not hesitate to let me know. If you would like to help with funds there are a couple of ways you can do that. You can go through Youth on Mission Donate and put my name in the "notes" box at the bottom. You can also send something to me if you would like. If I happen to raise more than the $1,200 needed to go, all extra will go for more supplies to take into Haiti. Thanks again for your partnership in advance.

UPDATE: Here is a tentative schedule.

1 comment:

BoldLion said...

I will be praying for you and praying that you will be able to raise that much money to go! You are bless to be able to go on the mission trip!

Hungry to eat His Word,
'Guerite ~ BoldLion